Planning for College
• Get acquainted with your counselor, your resource person while in high school.
• Plan an activities schedule that may include participation in one or more: athletics, drama, music, student government, school related activities, job, and community service.
• Begin to think about, talk about, ask questions about specific colleges.
• Develop strong work habits; if necessary obtain tutoring.
• Visit the school’s Career Center, learn about the information available there.
• Study diligently to maintain the highest marks possible.
• Know your Social Security Number.