Applied Arts Objectives:
To improve student achievement and rigor for all programs using rubrics, journal writing and contracts.
Why Objective was selected: In reviewing our data we have determined that not all students are achieving departmental goals. This will also for our department to require all students to write each day.
How Objective relates to the standards and the school vision / ESLRs / direction: As the Applied Arts department does not have academic standards for our classes we have aligned our classes to meet the expected schoolwide learning results.
- Collaborative workers
- Group goals
- Variety of tools and technology
- Basic communication
- Critical thinkers
- Plan, organize and carry out complex tasks
- Apply past learning to new situations
- Life-long learners
- Personal responsibility
- Career plans
- Effective communicators
- Listen, speak, read and write competently
- Express thoughts and ideas using a variety of media
Activities to meet Objective:
- To develope a common rubic, common journal format, and work contract.
- In-service on the issue of rubrics as an assessment tool.
- Students will write weekly in their journals.
- Students will fill out a work contract before each project.