Banyan Photo Album
No news posted
Banyan Student Profile
Banyan Students Study, Apply, and Reflect
Banyan students STUDY a rigorous, interdisciplinary curriculum aligned to the current state standards and the soon to be adopted Common Core State Standards.
- master academic subjects, making it possible to meet 9th and 10th grade A-G requirements, pass the California High School Exit Exam, and show proficiency on the California Standards Tests
Banyan students APPLY their knowledge through the completion of tasks requiring them to master three central competencies: research, analysis, and inquiry.
- complete performance assessments, showing proficiency in research, analysis, and inquiry
- use 21st century leadership skills: communicating powerfully, thinking critically, collaborating productively, and engaging proactively with the community
- complete one community impact experience each year
Banyan students understand themselves as learners and REFLECT meaningfully on their learning process. They are ready to succeed in upper division courses and act powerfully as lifelong learners.
- recognize and articulate accomplishments, successes, and areas for growth
- connect ideas within and across subject matter disciplines and understand the relevance of their learning to current global issues
- seek and incorporate feedback from peers, teachers, and the broader community in order to reach proficiency in the core competencies and 21st century leadership skills
The Bigger Picture
|Seeker of Knowledge:
||Knower of Self:
||Connected Community Member: