California Scholarship Federation
The Spring 2017 application window will be opening next week. Please make sure you attend the informational meeting Wednesday, January 25th during lunch in LA 210. Applications and community service sheets will be distributed and logistics discussed. Applications are due by February 10th and community service hours are due by May 19th.
The California Scholarship Federation is one of the oldest Honor Societies at the high school level. C.S.F., founded in 1921, emphasizes high standards of scholarship and community service for California high school students.
Membership is based on a grade and point system for each semester, with enrollment commencing each term. Grading and point scale is listed on the application, along with approved courses to determine eligibility.
- Each A is worth 3 points
- Each B is worth 1 point
- D’s or F’s render candidate ineligible
- Non-academic subjects such as P.E. and Teacher’s Assistant are not eligible for application.
- Each student must have a minimum of 10 points to qualify.
- Freshmen are not eligible for membership until the second semester of their Freshmen year.
- Members must also complete at least five hours of community service each semester
Please view the application for more information. Enrollment is advertised and open at the beginning of each semester in the bulletin, This Week @SR, and outside of Mrs. Ayoob’s classroom.
C.S.F. provided numerous benefits. Members are working with students who have similar interests and participate in club and volunteer activities that give back to the San Rafael community. They will be a part of a 95 year old, respected, non-profit organization, which is older than the National Honor Society and the Southern Academic Fraternities. College admissions officers note a student’s membership in C.S.F. Students who maintain membership for a minimum of four terms in the last three years of high school (one of which must be using grades from their SENIOR year) are awarded Life Time Membership.
- Life Time members are honored by receiving:
- A California Scholarship Federation Lifetime pin
- A California Scholarship Federation gold seal diploma
- Honor Cord to wear at Graduation
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the C.S.F. Advisor Mrs. Ayoob at firstname.lastname@example.org